Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

Atomic Debate Response

I believe that the discussion went well according to the time given to have said discussion. It seemed like the side that wanted to negotiate and not drop the bomb was more prepared and had more evidence to support their case. They spoke with more of a purpose like they were really behind what they said. However, just judging by how someone talks is not a justifiable way to come to a conclusion. I agree to an extent with my group, which was group two. This is tough for me to think about because I feel guilty when I accidentally kill an ant on the road. I don’t know how I would be able to handle the decision of taking peoples’ lives. I think, because of the Japanese attitude, that some action should have taken place, but not on civilians. The civilians were used to make a point towards their government when it’s the government that should be punished. The attitude is no surrender and fight with honor, which is as it should be. I’m happy for those who are proud of who they are. However, life is a precious gift, no matter who you are. What I’m saying is that the U.S. should have taken action, but on the government that controls the people, not the people themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment