Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

Discussion Thoughts

It seemed that the discussion went OK at best today in class. People seemed to have done their reading, but that wasn't enough to compete. Many people had other information, either from previous classes (Doc. Stacy people, I'm looking at you) or from outside research. While it should be rewarded and encouraged, it left the others in the dust. Speaking of leaving people in the dust, it seemed like only 4 people really talked. I know that I was one of them, but if this could be avoided, it would allow more people to get experience in this field.

Based purely on the concept, it was very good. People had to defend opinions that they didn't really like, and this lead to them looking into these more as to not drag it down. I know one person who I think actually switched sides on the issue just from the reading for this assignment.

Another thing I had problems with was the existence of group groups 3 and 4. It seemed like they were just subgroups of groups 1 and 2, and that diminished their importance in the grand scheme of things.

Random rant # five is that the timing was bad. I understand that this was because of Chip's awesome current event, but it was still a little troubling, as I know people on both sides still wanted to make more points.

Can't think of anything else, except that it was a big issue, and I don't feel we really had a satisfying discussion on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment