I think that the discussion went well. We seem to be a little pressed for time and because of it, groups were competing for time, trying to squeeze every point in while the spotlight was still on their side. However, it did add an energy appropriate to the topic we were discussing, which I personally found very entertaining.
The viewpoint that I identified with most was probably the one I was advocating for in the simulation, that the atomic bomb should not (have) be(en) dropped. The evidence given, that the blockade on materials that was crucial to Japan (especially because Japan has little raw materials of their own) was working and that Japan had shown evidence of surrendering in the near future. Because the war seemed like it was going to end soon, and would NOT prolong for years to come, I think that the atomic bomb was unnecessary and not worth the trouble that it caused.
But both sides did a good job of getting their point across fairly and compellingly. Everyone seemed prepared and I think the two minutes or so to recap and clear up any questions about the reading was a good idea.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment