Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

The Nuclear Bombing debate

I feel that today's debate could have gone a little better. While the discussion was great it was hard to talk without interrupting someone or being interrupted by someone else; but that was all down to time.

I agree with the article I was was defending (#3). The main goal of the bomb was to prevent further loss of life and to end the war asap and the only way they saw possible was through dropping the bomb (if you want the facts and figures look at Linus’s response). I know in class that some people were saying that America should have warn the Japanese about the complete destruction that the bombs were capable of; i think this would have just encouraged the Japanese to fight back harder and prepare for what was coming. Who knows how longer the war would have lasted for. I feel as though i am just repeating everything everyone has already said so i’m going to keep it short and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment